Friday, December 25, 2009

CPAP Users: How long did it take you to finally get used to wearing a CPAP mask all night?

I started back in late Sept, 2007 and still been having difficulties with getting comfortable. I've tried a few different masks. I wear it one night and the next, its like the mask doesn't fit right or it leaks air. Its very frustruating. I have mild to severe sleep apnea and I'm still waking up tired in the morning.CPAP Users: How long did it take you to finally get used to wearing a CPAP mask all night?
I have supposedly sleep apnea and I know they are right.


I tried it for a while and couldn't handle it, they switch mask and everything. I would take it off during the night or throw it so I could sleep. I got so irritated that I took it back to them and said forget it. I just prop my pillows up and keep my head elevated and I do OK. I know losing weight would help a lot. But my family has large necks and that is where that comes from, a fatty neck so you can't get the air you should.


They started out with one for my nose and I breathe through my mouth and always have so they had to put one on that was over my mouth and that made it worse. I wish you good luck on using yours. I know many people do and more than others realize, I really should get back on one, but they kept me awake all night. I know you can deal with it better than me. Keep going with it and stay on them till they get it right.===CPAP Users: How long did it take you to finally get used to wearing a CPAP mask all night?
Just keep trying to get accustomed to wearing it. I'm still trying after 1.5 yrs.





Some nights no problem at all.One tip is to lie down flat or either over a pillow and then it may work better and fit better


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment