Friday, December 25, 2009

Using eye mask to sleep at night?

hi,





i use eye mask to sleep at night cause the area my apartment is at terribly bright at night, and im still in the process of installing newer, thicker curtains. when i put the eye mask on its completely dark. in the morning when i wake up, i pull off the eye mask, and wooooowww its so bright i can barely open my eyes. i either 1. go back to sleep pissed caues its too bright ( on weekends) 2. get pissed but get up anyway





do u have a suggestion about how can i ease this transition from reli dark to reli bright? i already have the curtains drawn from the pervious night so that int he mornign its still drawn but its still too bright! my curtains are semi see thru they're like paper! and the direction my room faces makes it reli bright. my room is also quite small so moving furniture around isn't going to help that much but i will resort to this if i have to.








anyone have advice. only open my eyes a tad bit and walk around until i get used to the brightness and then open them and try not to be pissed?





any one have simliar experience? anyone?





also, is it bad for your eyes to go from eye masked darkness to brightness ';bang'; like that ?Using eye mask to sleep at night?
I don't sleep with an eye mask, but I do have an eye condition that makes my eyes ultra sensitive to light and I see things in much brighter contrast then average.





I have decorated my bedroom browns and creams, my curtains are brown, not even black out, but in the morning the sun shines directly into my bedroom - the curtains do the bit, they are chocolate brown.





Try and get some blackout material rather than spending much more money on thicker curtains,





I really can sympathise of what it's like. If I accidently leave my curtains drawn and then wake up with them open, I often have to just lay there with my eyes shut, and just blink now and then to let my eyes ';accept'; the light. Once they're focused enough I just get up as normal, leaving the curtains open.





You may just generally don't like light, I can't stand any artificial light,





Eye masks are great but the downside is, your eyes are not aware of the bright light behind them, so it just is a drastic shock to the eyes. From pitch black to ultra bright isn't good for the eyes.Using eye mask to sleep at night?
I sleep with an eye mask too, because I can't stand even the tiniest bit of light when I sleep. I never had an issue with the brightness, though, since my room is pretty closed up... best i can say is get ur room as dark as you can, and then sleep with the mask, and when you wake up the room wont be as bright. Then after you adjust you can get up and walk around your apartment and the transition wont be as drastic.





Hm... I made it sound really confusing... well, good luck anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment