Monday, December 21, 2009

What does this passage from romeo and juliet mean: Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face;Else?

You cut the passage in half. When the rest of it is restored, the meaning should be clear:





Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face;


Else would a maiden blush bepaint my cheek


For that which thou hast heard me speak tonight.





Juliet is embarassed that Romeo overheard her talking to herself about how much she loves him. It's nighttime when this occurs. If it wasn't dark, he'd be able to see her blushing.What does this passage from romeo and juliet mean: Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face;Else?
the mask of night = darkness.


saying that he is concealing himself and his personality in darkness.What does this passage from romeo and juliet mean: Thou knowest the mask of night is on my face;Else?
should of included more of the line. but it sounds like you can not see me in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment