Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it ok to leave a fly mask on a horse alll night? to keep bugs of the face.?

they are in a small fenced in area where they can go in and out of their stalls,so it is safe.Is it ok to leave a fly mask on a horse alll night? to keep bugs of the face.?
I don't think it's bad at all...





I choose not to, simply because my horses are pastured out. And we have lots of wildlife. It does decrease their vision at night...and I simply don't want to risk them running from 'whatever' and running into something. Their pastures are half forested. I just remove them in the evening when I feed, and put them back on when I go out in the morning.





I have left them on before...with no problems. But I have lost a couple too. I'll find them eventually laying in the fields somewhere. I just wipe fly creme around their eyes whenever I take the mask off...in case I don't get out early enough to put the mask back on...before the flys and bugs get busy.Is it ok to leave a fly mask on a horse alll night? to keep bugs of the face.?
i often leave my fly mask on my horse all day then overnightit basicly only comes off when i ride and even then my bridal has a flymask attached to the inside so my horse never goes without one but then again i live in Australia and in summer the flies are heaps bad so yer but it's fine no matter where you live
of course=]


if it is really buggy..but if there aren't that many bugs there is no reason ijust put some fly spray in your hand and gently rub all over horses face((away from eyes)...


but if you are really worried about it..it wont hurt anything=]


you just might loose you fly mask... ;-]]
It would be ok, but it would make it harder for your horse to see at night though. You don't really need to have one on them at night, cos there arnt many bugs at night. So yeah it is ok, but not preferable.
Yes definately justmake sure to take it off every other day. you dont want it to start to rub in areas.overnight wont hurt anything.
It is ok but not necessary. Flies aren't active at night to speak of. A better solution is to use a fly repellant.
Yes it's fine. Some months when the flies get real bad my fly mask pretty much lives on my horse. I've never had any problems with it and I know many other people that do it.
i leave fly masks on all the time during fly season with no problems. I only remove them when I ride and wipe fly repellent on the horse's face.
No.. They cant see very well after dark with them on. Some of my fellow horse buddies got on my case for leaving mine on my horse becouse he could have gotten hurt. I really recommend you dont.
I leave my fly mask on at night. Here in Australia the flies are pretty bad in summer from dawn to dusk. I do take it off though if we get heavy rain or storms.
I leave my horses masks on...I do have a couple each and wash them, so they are always clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment