Monday, December 21, 2009

What did people do to keep their C-PAP mask on the who night?

I recently got a C-PAP machine and I have a natural reflex during the night to take the mask off because I'm not used to it yet. For the people who use C-PAP machines, did they have this same problem and what did they do to solve it?What did people do to keep their C-PAP mask on the who night?
It is a process to learn how to use CPAP successfully. I cried on the phone with the director of the dme company when I got mine. I fortunately was assigned a person who used cpap and gave me some insight. I also found www.sleepnet.com very helpful as an online support group.





some quick tips, I found.





use a heated humidifler


try the ramp feature


Intially wear the mask sitting up watching TV


Hang in there it gets better.








It takes time but the results are great. I have been on bipap for more than 7 almost 8 years. My first machine just died before christmas it had so many hours on it. The new ones are so quiet.





Best wishes.What did people do to keep their C-PAP mask on the who night?
Adjustment to make it more comfortable. Ask the Respiratory Therapist who set it up and instructed you on how to use it. Just call the company you got it from and request another visit. They will do this gladly so that you get the maximum benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment