Monday, December 21, 2009

Where can I find a good, cheap white noise generator to mask out traffic noise at night?

I don't know where to begin looking for something like this. Sharper Image? Any suggestions?





thanks.Where can I find a good, cheap white noise generator to mask out traffic noise at night?
Have you thought about a floor fan? They are cheap and you can find small ';turbo'; ones that have low, med and high settings depending upon your noise level. I got to the point where I couldn't sleep without it.Where can I find a good, cheap white noise generator to mask out traffic noise at night?
I use a floor fan. Works great. The only problem is when I go away I have trouble sleeping because the hotels rooms dont have fans in them.
Your problem occurs when you say good and cheap. I think you can get a good one or a cheap one but not both. I think the best way for you to go and stay cheap is to get a little tape recorder that shuts itself off at the end of the tape and the get a ';whitesound'; tape. I work at a garden center and we carry things like ';bubbling brooks';, ';rain and thunder';, ';wind in the trees';, ocean sounds';, etc. Pick the one(s) you like and then just turn it on when you go to bed. Doesn't use near the energy of a fan or A/C unit. I like listening to the ocean breakers. If you don't have a L%26amp;G center that has them try Borders or Best Buy--they can get just about anything. If there is a sleep clinic nearby they also probably have tapes you can order by phone.
Tune an FM radio to a space between stations and turn up the volume.
Go to an old Holiday Inn and buy one of their old A/C units. Those things sound like a jet engine and can drown out any noise with the exception of doors slams.

No comments:

Post a Comment