Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is there a plant(s) that I can put on my desk that will help to mask a co-worker's (also desk mates body odor)?

My co-worker is from a different country and chooses to not wear deodorant. We recently moved desks around in my office and I now sit next to him. the smell every few minutes is causing me to become very distracted. We like to put plants around the office, so I was wondering if there is a good one in particular that will mask his body odor as it travels over my way. He sits about 5 feet from me.Is there a plant(s) that I can put on my desk that will help to mask a co-worker's (also desk mates body odor)?
I would suggest that you have a supervisor or HR speak to him about washing and deodorant.





Plants that have a strong fragrance are geraniums, cat grass (when you cut it) and lilies.Is there a plant(s) that I can put on my desk that will help to mask a co-worker's (also desk mates body odor)?
get one of those air freshener blocks for your desks! they mask all odours..... you can also plug one in when noone's looking... beieve me your office mates will thank you.


you could use a really strong smelling plant like lavender if you want to mask the smell but it won't get rid of it.


i feel so sorry for you. i would be regularly sick if i was in your situation!
Nothing worse than bad smells trapped inside, whether it's BO or perfume. If you go to HR make sure its not to tell them, to tell him, to take a shower. Explain that your cultures are not compatible or that there is a conflict that needs remediation. Use politically correct terms.
A fern


An Aloe Vera Plant


A cactus to keep him on his side


Begonias


Ivy


All of them!
lavender, mint

No comments:

Post a Comment