Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is a good design for a mask for art class?

I have to create a mask for art class. (i've already plastered my face) but i need ideas for media on top of the plaster and a theme! please help me all of you creative ppl!What is a good design for a mask for art class?
I personally prefer masks that ignore the features of the face - for instance, a crescent moon.





Brainstorming:


Stained glass, abstract or with a design


Flower - rose, tulip, iris.


Dragon


Sun and moon.


A tarot card, such as the tower.


A pure abstract.


A recognizable painting or at least copy an artist's style.


A punch and judy show with working curtain.


A ';found object'; collage - got a statement to make about beauty?








As for materials, just go to your local craft store. There are far more neat things to play with than I could ever remember - plastics that melt and mold, clays that fire in a normal oven (how about a millefiori mask?), paste on gems, special effects paint (a graffiti'ed wall?), yarns of all sorts of looks, and the scrapbooking department offers all sorts of things to work with from papers in innumerable patterns and style, to stickers (jungle mask?) to little paper embellishments (I know of one dragon by jolee's that's really cool).What is a good design for a mask for art class?
While I was typing up that list, I was thinking ';Gee, this sounds like fun!'; I may have to do one or two myself. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment